Do you want to feel better, boost your energy levels, and even decrease your risk of chronic disease? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then regular exercise may be just what you need and Apple Creek is here to help!
There are endless benefits that we can get from regular exercise, regardless of age, sex, and baseline fitness level. Here are just 8 ways that exercise can benefit you:
1. Improve your mood- Physical activity stimulates the release of brain chemicals, such as endorphins, which will make you feel happier and more relaxed after working out.
2. Combat chronic disease- Regular exercise can also help you to prevent, or manage, high blood pressure. It can also help to control your cholesterol by booting your “good” cholesterol (HDL) while decreasing the “bad” cholesterol (LDL). Lowered blood pressure in combination with decreased bad cholesterol keeps your blood flowing smoothly by lowering the buildup of plaques in your arteries. Regular physical activity has also been proven to lower the risk of type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and certain types of cancer.
3. Promote better sleep habits- Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep, which in turn will leave you feeling more rested, productive and in a better mood the next day.
4. Boost energy levels- Regular Physical activity helps to make your cardiovascular system more efficient as well as the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to your tissues. When your heart and lungs and muscles work more efficiently, you’ll have more energy to do the things you enjoy.
5. Manage weight- When you exercise you burn more calories, both during and following your work out, you increase your metabolic rate, and you decrease your percent body fat while increase your lean body mass. This will leave you feeling and looking better!
6. Decrease risk of osteoporosis- Regular exercise, especially weight-bearing exercise and strength training, reduces the risk of osteoporosis, and can even reverse it buy building bone tissue.
7. Enhance coordination and balance.
8. Fun- Exercise doesn’t need to be an individual activity; it can be a great way to spend quality time with family and friends! Go for a hike, a bike ride, a round of golf or try something new and exciting…like one of our fitness classes.
Apple Creek offers both one on one personal training and group fitness classes to help you reach your fitness goals. Please check out the performance lab section on our website or contact the clinic for details as to how we can best help you!